- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off, and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 serrano peppers, sliced lengthwise, including seeds
- 1 cup Bunches & Bunches Green: Fire Roasted Chile Sauce
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- other: tortillas & toppings of choice
- bunches & bunches of love
- Mix cumin and coriander with shrimp and set aside.
- Mix serranos, bell peppers, and onions in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet, or other heavy bottom frying pan until very hot. Working in batches, and using a tablespoon of oil at a time, sauté pepper and onion mixture until just soft. Do not over cook. Season with salt and pepper, return to bowl and set aside.
- Cook shrimp the same way being sure to completely cook. Add to pepper mixture. Wipe out the skillet and reheat to very hot. Add pepper/shrimp mix, Mole, cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well and serve while still sizzling hot with tortillas and toppings of choice (we like all the good ones, sour cream, diced tomatoes and avocados, extra mole or salsa, etc.).
Serves 2-4. Enjoy!
Love, B & B
Recipe by Mark Slawson
Photo: Dean & Deluca