I was recently asked by a fellow food lover on twitter to share a favorite cookie recipe and I’m very happy to do so…let me know how they delight!
Everyday Sugar Cookies
With a Kiss of Lemon By Bunches & Bunches
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- granulated sugar for sprinkling
- and bunches and bunches of love…
makes approximately 20 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Position rack in the middle.
2. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, cornstarch and salt.
3. Cream together the butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Add flour mixture and mix until dough begins to come together.
4. Roll out dough on a well floured surface to ⅓ inch thick. Cut out as manny 2 inch rounds as possible with a 2-inch round cookie cutter or drinking glass and transfer to an ungreased large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Re-roll scraps and cut out more rounds. Sprinkle tops with a pinch of granulated sugar.
Note: These delightful little cookies are absolutely delicious all by themselves. I love them with a glass of white wine or champagne. Cornmeal gives these buttery crisps a sandy texture that makes them an ideal cookie for ice cream sandwiches. Enjoy. Spread the love…
Tamalpais Star Roth-McCormick, Chef & Owner of Bunches & Bunches Ltd.